Tuesday, November 18, 2014

You Learn as you Go

Hi there!
Here it is. My first blog post. 
If you're browsing through I want to thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings. 
I figured I should start off with something about me. Before things get too weird and personal. Hang on tight everyone. My name is Tori, I am married to my very inconsistent, but none the less high school sweetheart and love of my life, Cole, going on 3 years now, I am a mommy of one smart, funny, handsome toddler, Bentley, and we are a military family. My husband joined the military 4 months before we got married and life has been a whirlwind ever since. I grew up in a very small town in the Wet Mountain Valley in Colorado. My mom and dad raised my brother and me with the love of God in our hearts and a sense of humor in toe ...or in elbow rather? That was a weak joke. You catch my drift anyway. You could say I lived a sheltered life. Does 'where everyone knows your name' come to mind? Well you would be right. I was the one who was afraid to get in trouble, knowing I would know someone who would know someone who would know my parents who would know I knew I'd be in BIG trouble. So I stuck to drawing inside the lines.  Which leads me to my next point, I'm a perfectionist, and not in a funny way. I wish it was. That's a story for another time. Onward. Growing up I had a lot of dreams. None bigger than my longing to be a mom! I knew that until I had a mate to...well ya know... that dream would have to wait so after high school I did what any rule following, average, no-clue-what 
-in-the-world-I-wanted-to-do-with-my 
-life, 18 year old girl would do. I went to COLLEGE! Woooooo! Unfortunately that 'woooo' is exaggerated and I didn't fit in. I wanted something else. So I quit school after a year and persued my next love that had been a part of my life since before I was born-- ballroom dancing. It was a family business so why not take a shot I thought. That was also short lived for my on and off again, star crossed lover, Cole, rode in on his valiant steed with a pretty dimand ring in hand, and we rode off into the sunset and are living happily ever after. Ok...that last part is not a thing but if it was, there would be no need for blogs and then what would we housewives do with ourselves? Maybe get to that scrapbooking New Year's resolution endeavor that lasted...ok it never started. I digress. That will happen. You've been warned. Anywho. Back to the present, we just bought our first home, we just went through our first deployment, we live in the magical land of  Mary Esther, Florida, and for the first time in about 4 years I have nothing to report. No engagements, no weddings, no pregnancies, no relocations [for now], and no new big purchases. It's a relief. It will be short lived like most things I've been through but I am enjoying the simplicity.
Now, you might be wondering where this is going. Well, you and I would be of the same mind set because I'm not sure. I'm not a writer. I like to talk and I like to relate and be relatable. So here I am. Typing away, to probably myself. But that's ok. It might run into just an outlet to express what needs expressing in my life. The good bad and the ugly. I am going to let God lead and we will learn as we go. 
I want to thank you again if you've made it this far already with me. Thank you for choosing me to spend your free time with. Until next time.

Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. (Psalm 139:4 ESV)

2 comments: